"Aiming for sustainable growth and a sustainable society through technological strength and outstanding human resources"
- Masanori Togawa, President and CEO, Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Air is essential to our existence, and our role in protecting it continues to expand. Since 1924, we have devoted ourselves with unbridled passion to overcome the ever-evolving challenges of air to become the leading manufacturer of air conditioning equipment. Leveraging our innovative technology, we deliver outstanding products and system solutions to provide comfortable and sustainable interior environments for all of the people and regions of the world.
This is, and always will be, the Daikin mission.
Daikin, is a Global Leader in Developing & manufacturing all Air Conditioning, Heating, Ventilation, & Refrigerant solutions for Residential, Commercial & Industrial applications. Daikin Industries is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
Daikin Middle East & Africa is the Regional Office of Daikin Industries in the region, responsible for promoting, selling & after Market Support for the full range of Air Conditioning products & systems (DX, VRV, Chillers, Air Side, MCP) in all GCC, Region, Middle East & Africa.
Leading in Innovation and Quality
Bringing comfort and industrial solutions to homes and businesses while respecting the increased concern for the environment, demands the highest levels of innovation and quality. To our credit belong industry revolutions such as VRV and inverter control, technologies that continue to translate themselves into new levels of efficiency and comfort. We are also the only equipment manufacturer in the industry to be involved in developing better refrigerants that are safer for our environment.
The Daikin solution
Total comfort and service demands a complete product range: Air Purification, Splits, VRF Systems, Applied Products, Air Handling Units, & Fan Coil Units. All of our offerings benefit from the same technological excellence and attention to quality that have marked Daikin products from the beginning.
About Daikin Middle East & Africa
Incorporated on March 2006, Daikin Middle East & Africa is the Regional Sales office, responsible for promoting, selling & After Market Service & Support for all Air Conditioning products, covering United Arab Emirates, GCC, Middle East & Africa.
About Daikin Air Conditioning Saudi Arabia
Aiming to be present Locally, Daikin had established our local office in Saudi Arabia: Daikin Air Conditioning Saudi Arabia, incorporated December 2013, located in Riyadh, with around 70 Employees, showroom, Service & parts Center & Training center.
About Daikin Egypt Air Conditioning
Aiming to be present Locally, Daikin had established our local office in Cairo, Egypt: Daikin Egypt Air Conditioning, incorporated August 2016, located in Cairo, with around 30 Employees, showroom, Service & parts Center & Training center.
Our facilities at a glance
2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991 | 1990 | 1987 | 1984 | 1982 | 1978 | 1973 | 1969 | 1967 | 1966 | 1958 | 1957 | 1951 | 1938 | 1936 | 1935 | 1933 | 1924 |
- R-32 RA Inverter for Africa
- Launch 6HP Mini VRV for HA
- Acquisition of AHT, an Austrian company specialised in refrigeration showcases for supermarkets and is a leading player in the commercial refrigeration market in Europe.
- Acquisition of Recair Indutrade Group and will become the Finnish Sales office (DEFO) in order to strengthen the position of Daikin in the Scandinavian market.
- Acquisition of Norwegian distributor Friganor AS. In Norway a new affiliate has been established, DANO.
- Acquisition of TEWIS.
- "VRV compressor retrofit system," a maintenance service which reduces the usage of energy significantly in the existing air conditioning equipment in buildings receives the “Minister Prize of Economic, Trade and Industry” from METI, the highest award for conserving energy.
- Total sales of air conditioners using HFC-32 (R32), a refrigerant with low global warming potential (GWP), reaches 10 million units in more than 50 counties.
- Daikin Texas Technology Park, the largest air conditioner manufacturing factory in Daikin for North American market, is opened in Texas, U.S.A.
- DK-Power, Ltd., a subsidiary of Daikin Industries, Ltd., which generates power through micro hydroelectric power generating system is established.
- Daikin acquires Airmaster Corporation Pty Ltd., a leading company in Australia in the fields of service and solution for air conditioning equipment.
- Daikin and Osaka University concludes a comprehensive collaborative agreement aiming to create innovation by combining the expertise of HVAC and AI / IoT field.
- Daikin Chemical Southeast Asia Co., Ltd. is established.
- Daikin acquires Heroflon S.p.A., an Italian manufacturer of fluoropolymer compounds.
- "Risora," a wall mounted residential air conditioner and "Cocotas," a multi-cassette-type air conditioner for small spaces is marketed to meet the various array of needs in living environments.
- Daikin launches “Daikin Information and Communications Technology College,” a training program to secure AI/IoT experts.
- Air Cooled Single Screw Inverter Chiller, EWAD-MZ Series
- Flanders Holdings LLC, the air filter manufacturer in U.S. is acquired.
- The giant "Dai Pichon-kun" billboard appears in Umeda, Osaka.
- The highest class certification of "Eruboshi" was granted with the enforcement of the Act on Promotion of Women's Participation and Advancement in the Workplace.
- Daikin Airconditioning New Zealand Ltd. is established.
- Dinair AB, an air filter manufacturer in Sweden is acquired.
- Bluevolution product range, which includes residential, light commercial air applications, and the Roundflow Cassette. All systems are equipped with the revolutionary R-32.
- Daikin Air Conditioning Egypt (DAEG).
Daikin acquired Zanotti
- Offer worldwide, free access to patents for equipment using next-generation refrigerant, R-32.
- Goodman established new base in U.S. state of Texas.
- Acquires refrigerant business in Europe from leading chemical group Solvay S.A.
- Technical assistance to Thailand for next generation refrigerant R-32.
- Publishes "Ninety years' company history".
- White House recognizes air conditioner and chemical manufacturer Daikin for commitment to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Completion of the "Technology and Innovation Center".
- Publishes its policy and comprehensive actions on the environmental impact of refrigerants.
- VRV IV HA in GCC
- Jebel AHU factory becomes Eurovent-Certified
- ESMA/Estidama DX line up
- First R-32 Inverter Split in GCC
- Brand unification, Daikin Middle East and Africa
- Launch the world-class VRV IV heat recovery solution.
- Establish McQuay as Daikin Applied Europe (DAE), to strengthen the Daikin brand identity and consolidate leadership in the HVAC-R market.
- Participation begins for "Smart Community Project in Greater Manchester, UK".
- Daikin presents its first exhibit at the global design festival "Fuori Salone".
- The "Forests for the Air" project starts as a Daikin social contribution celebrating the 90th anniversary of its founding.
- Achieves 10 million production of packaged air conditioners.
- The VRV X Series, which substantially improves year-round operating efficiency, is launched.
- CDP selects Daikin Industries as a Climate Performance Leader.
- Field test starts for micro-hydro power generation for water pipelines in Nanto-shi, Toyama.
- Daikin's environmental education program wins award for excellence at Career Education Awards sponsored by METI.
- SASO DX line up in KSA
- Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the first DENV facility in Ostend, Belgium
- Establish Daikin Air-Conditioning Saudi Arabia, in a joint venture with RIRAC
- Launch of Ururu Sarara Product Range, the first European air to air heat pump system with R-32 Refrigerant
- Expands use of refrigerant R-32 to India.
- Residential air conditioner Urusara 7 receives various awards including a "Prime Minister's Award" of the 5th Monodzukuri Nippon Grand Awards for excellent engineering, a "Minister Prize of Economic, Trade and Industry," of Energy Conservation Grand Prize for excellent energy conservation equipment, and a Red Dot Design Award.
- Daikin opens a new solutions plaza Fuha: Osaka.
- An agreement with Kyoto University for a comprehensive partnership is concluded with the aim of creating a new social value by integration of the arts and sciences.
- TSP, a leading distributor of commercial HVAC equipment in Indonesia, is acquired.
- "FIVE STAR ZEAS" air conditioner for stores and offices that is the first commercial air conditioner to use the refrigerant R-32, is marketed.
- Daikin Asahikawa Laboratory is established with the aim of expanding the heater and hot water supply system business.
- Daikin acquired Goodman
- Daikin Opens JA AHU Factory
Launch of the 3000 TR Chiller (WCT Series)
- Daikin Altherma Flex Type for apartment buildings and collective housing.
- Nexura, a stylish heating and cooling unit with a radiant front panel for optimal comfort.
- McQuay Hellas (Greece).
- An international project to design net-zero energy buildings in Germany.
- Accept the international Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 certificate to ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, visitors and the surrounding communities.
- Kälteanlagen Import GmbH, which becomes the Daikin Europe Hamburg Marine Office.
- The applied and service business of ACT.
- The Daikin Altherma High Temperature heat pump.
- Daikin Emura: a wall mounted unit recognised for its award-winning design.
- Daikin Altherma Low Temperature becomes the first heat pump to receive a European Ecolabel for its outstanding environmental performance.
- German heating manufacturer Rotex GmbH to expand the Daikin product range and strengthen our position in the heating market.
- McQuay International FZE in the Middle East, McQuay Szanyo and Szanyo Service in Central Europe, and Swedish distributor Svenska Daikin A.B., (now known as Daikin Sweden A.B.).
- Ururu Sarara: the world’s first split air conditioner offering air conditioning, purification, humidity control and ventilation in a single package.
- Daikin Altherma: a new heat pump for the home heating market. The all-in-one system provides heating, domestic hot water production and cooling (optional).
- Daikin Air Conditioning South Africa as a DENV affiliate.
- Daikin Middle East Office as a sales affiliate in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Daikin Air Conditioning Greece SA as a subsidiary of DENV.
- Daikin Device Czech Republic s.r.o, a compressor factory in Brno, to supply compressors for our factory in Plzen.
- Daikin Europe Irish Office.
- OYL Industries, parent company of McQuay International, AAF International and J&E Hall by DIL. These acquisitions allow DENV to broaden its product range to include air handling units and large chillers.
- Manufacture fluorocarbon gas.
- Akira Yamada establishes the "Osaka Kinzoku Kogyosho Limited Partnership" in Japan, specialising in "Air Extrusion" systems. The company soon reaches unprecedented sales levels due to strong demand and its excellent product quality. From the 1930s and onward, under the Daikin name, the company specialises in manufacturing cooling systems and refrigerators, while successfully developing its own refrigerant.