In spring and summer our gardens blossom with life. While this looks beautiful, it can cause misery for people who suffer from seasonal pollen-related asthmas and allergies, such as hay fever. But what is pollen and how can you protect your family from its potential impact?
What is pollen?
Usually appearing as a fine dust, pollen are microspores that are transported from one plant to another, eventually resulting in fertilisation and the production of new plant. As temperatures heat up, pollen production increases, causing a variety of symptoms in people sensitive to pollen including sneezing, nasal congestion, red, itchy, and watery eyes, and/or an itchy or runny nose.
There are three main types of pollen that, together, stretch pollen season from early spring all the way to the end of autumn.
- Grass pollen:This is the main culprit for pollen-related asthmas and allergies and can affect people from March to October. Grass pollen can cause extremely strong reactions.
- Tree pollen:While different types of tree pollen occur at different times of the year, tree pollen is usually only a problem from February to June.
- Weed pollen:Weed pollen is mostly likely to cause hay fever. It is most prevalent in the summer and early autumn.
Protect your family with Daikin air purifiers
Daikin air purifiers are the perfect way to ensure your indoor air is purer, healthy, and clean, minimising the negative effect of pollen on your health.
Daikin air purifiers also:
· Minimise asthma and allergy symptoms by removing dust particles and pollen from your air.
· Infuse moisture into the air when it is too dry, helping to keep your skin healthy.
· Control odours so your home always smells fresh and clean.
Explore our air purifiers
Streamer technology air purifier
Our streamer technology filters out airborne particles that can often pose serious health risks.
Ururu air purifier with Streamer
The Daikin Ururu air purifier purifies and moisturises the air inside your home. Simply fill the 2.7l tank occasionally and it will humidify your room with a maximum rate of 500ml/h.